No more Grand Tour after next year

jack_christie

Forum Addict
Jezza on insta:
Been a busy day. No more Grand Tour after next year but a LOT more Clarkson’s Farm. Which, this evening, is looking extremely lovely.

Big sad, but not really a surprise, the boys are getting old. Stuff like James's and Richard's recent crashes have to be taking a toll on them, and Jeremy is fat.

Yeah, honestly it's not a bad way to draw to a close. They have other projects and I think it's fair to say the TG/TGT format needs a rest and some energy that CHM can provide it.

Better now than CHM trying to cross the Sahara in their 80s and the special is just Clarkson having a massive coronary five miles into the trip.

It has been careening this way for what seems like a long time now. I have enjoyed watching the content that these folks have created since I began watching Top Gear on YouTube in 2005. I read Clarkson's columns in The Sun, and in The Sunday Times, and have read them since around that time as well. I used to read James' columns in The Telegraph also.

Here is hoping that The Grand Tour is not only given a dignified end, but also that the final show is something memorable that will give all of us ability to look back on our time spent watching with warm thoughts of time well spent.

It makes me sad that I know time is ticking on. We’re all aging and since they’re twice our age, it’s reasonable to do this. Reduce your workload if you can and I’m happy to see they’re doing that. Even if Jeremy doesn’t want to, and I say this in reference to how he was chocked up when the grand tour stopped doing studio portions.