FinalGear Music League Suggestions

Is there a way we can access the playlists without being in the league? Like by sharing the playlist URL? I will sit out of this one but I'm still interested in listening to the songs.

Edit: Bringing to this page
Finishing touches are being put to the next season...It's a short one - 5 weeks - and spots will be limited to 16 people.
Like last time the deadlines can move around if everyone submits or votes early, however the round timing won't change.

This time you WILL be able to see comments on each submission, where the owner decides to make a comment. So don't ruin it for everyone and give yourself away, but if you want to explain a choice, you can do so, and your identity will not be visible until afterwards.

Rounds are as follows:
WEEK 1: Bands or artists from your local area.
WEEK 2: Songs in either your native language, or a secondary/minor language that isn't English.
WEEK 3: Legendary bands from your country.
WEEK 4: Eurovision entries.
WEEK 5: Songs in a language that is NOT your native, secondary, or minor language.

If this sounds like the season for you, I'll drop the link below, get in quick! Submissions for round 1 will be due on March 19th.

Last edited:
I'm at a complete loss for Week 4, I've literally never watched Eurovision. I'm going to have to look up a list of every Eurovision song and find one I might have heard in other contexts.

There should be a few with Mainstream appeal and that were popular outside of Eurovision. Then again, I hope you lot bring the weird brigades 🤣

Is there a way we can access the playlists without being in the league? Like by sharing the playlist URL? I will sit out of this one but I'm still interested in listening to the songs.

Edit: Bringing to this page
Playlists can be shared like last season, for those not participating.

I'm at a complete loss for Week 4, I've literally never watched Eurovision. I'm going to have to look up a list of every Eurovision song and find one I might have heard in other contexts.
I can’t stand it. I don’t get why anyone bothered with it past the early 80s.

And I absolutely don’t see why Australia needs to be involved these days. We’re not IN Europe, fuck right off with it.

But of course I do recognise that there are people amongst our group that enjoy it, so I’ll suck it up and let them have their fun.

Last edited:
Nuts, I was too late, but it's probably for the best since I only really know of...that Lordi song, and that Lordi song for Round 4. Haha.

(Definitely up for a later game when I'm not slammed as hell/about to leave for a Lemons Rally.)

And we'e got a full league!
I left the first round submissions run until Monday or so, to give enough time for people to join and figure out something that fit the prompt, but it seems like quite a few people are on top of it already.

You can submit your first round songs right through until Monday, and then the playlist will be live for the following 4 days for voting.

With season 2 now complete, let's take a month or so off, and find some new themes.

I've read some interesting ideas elsewhere, such as a question theme, and all song titles have to work as an answer to the question.
Or an entirely instrumental season, where the theme each week changes.

If anyone has any new ideas, or any burning desire for one already suggested here, let's hear them!

How about "lyrics that didn't age well" - not songs that went out of style or contain profanity, but ones with problematic themes.

How about "lyrics that didn't age well" - not songs that went out of style or contain profanity, but ones with problematic themes.
I'd be completely useless with that one. I'd have to google it and that's just not in the spirit of the game.

But... you picked the theme of that round. :-?

We should do more Eurovision rounds!