My coffee maker sucks

I used to go out of my way to grind beans and make even filter coffee a little more complicated by using a Hario V60 and a fancy pot, haha! Then we got the kid and the main thing became just to drink regular coffee that doesn't taste bad. Most coffee makers with the glass jug just burn the coffee, but thermos ones seem to handle it more gently. Ours even turns off immediately when it's done, just relying on the heat from the actual brewing period.

I just leave a little bit of water in the glass pot to keep the first drops of coffee from burning. 🤷‍♂️

Most coffee makers with the glass jug just burn the coffee, but thermos ones seem to handle it more gently.
This is probably the issue I've come across, but then the hot plate doesn't seem capable of actually keeping a larger volume of coffee warm. Shitty machines and shittier other users.

I didn't expect this to get so technical (I mean, this is FG so I probably should've done) but I really like the look of that Moccamaster. It's mainly the 1970s design, I can't find the designer but it could be a Dieter Rams design. I'm not the only one to think so.

The Braun KF 21 Aromaster is a beautiful piece of design, surprisingly not designed by Rams either.

Last edited:

This is ours. Not a design masterpiece but good for the purpose.

One thing I've noticed it brews six cups for far longer than the Tefal did, but the "Aroma" button might do that. Haven't tried without.