Clarkson's Meghan column receives record number of complaints

People have done worse.
The dude from some Christian metalcore band that tried to hire a hitman (undercover cop) to off his wife at the time, went to jail, doesn't particulrly seem remorseful, was still brought back into the band afterwards. Now back on tour, and it seems like everyone just shrugged it off.

Clarkson says stupid shit. It's his brand, so I'm pretty 'meh' about the whole thing.

Someone else doing or saying something horrible is irrelevant, it's not an excuse for what Clarkson said. His comments were graphic, violent, and misogynist in the worst way. Rhetoric like that is dangerous and it stirs people to act upon it; even some of these countries that murder women for being rape victims don't treat people that way.

But he seems to lack someone to reflect his thoughts with and who occasionally pulls him back down to earth.

i.e. Frances Cain

I've always thought that there were better options for that show than Clarkson, never understood why he was chosen in the first place. :dunno:

Clarkson may have mistakenly chosen a forced retirement, but it's not unreasonable for a man of his age to retire. It looks like we will still be able to read his articles in The Sun, and The Sunday Times. That is, unless he retires from doing that, too.

Yeah, the impression I get is that he's not fighting back all that much to keep doing TV and everyone who has a contract with him is just quietly letting their contracts expire rather than as a response to the Meghan column.

If there's still some brain cells up in there, he should take the L, let his contracts expire, and get someone really competent to take over his farm so he can cut himself a nice, quiet slice.

Yeah, the impression I get is that he's not fighting back all that much to keep doing TV and everyone who has a contract with him is just quietly letting their contracts expire rather than as a response to the Meghan column.

If there's still some brain cells up in there, he should take the L, let his contracts expire, and get someone really competent to take over his farm so he can cut himself a nice, quiet slice.

Kaleb?